For me fashion is a way of expresing myself as a painter expresses himself through his paintings. We sew instead of painting, but it’s the same. It’s art. As a movies and art lover, my designs are highly influenced by them.
I graduated from Audiovisual Communication in 2008, and I'm currently studying last year of Fashion Design at Istituto Europeo di Design Madrid. While I was studying Communication I worked as a costume designer and production assistant in several audiovisual productions.
On 2009-2010 course I won the school’s best collection diplomas for my two collections, and last year I received an Honourable Mention for my final project. With this project, I have been finalist for contests as ModaFad, Who’s Next and Special K. I have also been published in Anormalmag.cl and in Little Black Dress (A & C Black Publishers Ltd), a book from Isabel Sanchez published in five different languages. This september I was included in VOGUE ITALY TALENTS supplement as one of the 180 emergent talents of 2011.
I'm currently living in London, where I’m doing an internship at Alexander McQueen.
• Last year of FASHION DESIGN at Istituto Europeo di Design (IED).
• Graduated in COMMUNICATION and Media (Comunicación Audiovisual) by Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (URJC), in 2008.
• Chainmail Workshop with MAKU MARTÍNEZ from Anillarte (25 hours, April 2011).
• Leather Design Workshop with ROB GOODWIN (25 hours, January 2011).
• T-shirt Illustration Design Workshop with illustrator IVAN SOLDO (25 hours, march 2010).
• Print Design Workshop with Julia Vergara and Javier G. Bayo, designers of SUTURNO (18 hours, November 2009).
• Free Design Workshop with Spanish fashion designer CARLOS DÍEZ (25 hours, march 2009).
• Millinery Workshop with JUSTIN SMITH (25 hours, January 2009).
• Costume Design for Movies and Theatre at ECAM (School of Cinema and Audiovisuals of Madrid). Taught by GUMERSINDO ANDRÉS, twice GOYA (Spanish Movie Awards) nominated. 90 hours, February to April, 2007.
• History of Clothing and Textiles at Museo del traje CIPE (Costume Museum of Madrid). May to June 2008.
• The New Managment of Fashion Events by Fundación de la Universidad Complutense (Complutense University Foundation) and Museo del traje CIPE (Costume Museum of Madrid). October 2011.
• Experience in CAD: InDesing, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Modeling and pattern making ability. Good understanding of the body shape, capable of deconstructing it into planes and creating complex patterns and structures.