Disciplines Fashion, Interiors, Products
Drawing inspiration from birch bark canoes and bi-plane wing construction, this modern interpretation of the classic steamer trunk has a solid ash frame, meticulously interlocked by over 200 traditional joints and skinned with 1.5mm thick birch and hand-stitched leather.
An uncompromising fusion of traditional and contemporary influences and techniques, this very special 'one off' METHOD X DENHAM Journeyman has been specifically designed for the Journeyman Jeanmaker, boasting an array of custom detailing.
• A playful, modern interpretation of the classic steamer trunk.
• A collusion encapsulating the Denham ethos and detail-rich approach to design, in the Method style. Bringing together traditional and innovative elements to create an utterly unique piece of luxury furniture
• A solid ash skeletal framework - echoing the birch bark canoe or bi- plane wing structure – for lightness and flexibility.
• Gently curved grain feature carefully divined for superior rib strength.
• Held together with over 200 interconnected traditional joints
• Skinned in virtually weightless 1.5mm birch
• Knitted to the rib structure with over 150 hand-Japanned, custom engineering fixings. (With every head meticulously lined up)
• The Journeyman’s innovative inward curving form allows only the outward edges to ever touch the ground – these are protected by locally hand-stitched leather.
• Moved around with thick, hand-cut leather handles and locked with beautifully contrasting, industrial case fittings.
• Internally, the left side of the Journeyman contains a generous garment hanging space, sealed in from the elements by a handcrafted flysheet of the finest Japanese selvedge denim, detailed with re-cut vintage leather.
• Unlocking the intricately hand-carved drop-down work surface reveals the true secrets of the Journeyman
• An elegant column of carousels - all carved from the same piece of solid ash – swivel out to reveal spare buttons, rivets, thread spools etc.
• Over 50 hand-cut leather discs fasten a webbing of straps to safely secure the tools of the jeanmakers trade.
• Wire-whipped vertical shock cords weave the solid ash shelving together, creating a virtually weightless securing method for garments, while custom steel dogs and unique tapered ash plugs literally stitch the shelves into place
You are using an old and insecure browser.
Radostar.com is in Beta and does not currently support Internet Explorer 6 and below. For a better experience on the web, please download a modern, web standards–compliant browser: